To all academic staff who are expected to submit grades in Academic Year 2019/20
Module Grade Entry (MGE) is an electronic grade submission process that enables academic staff members to enter grades directly to the student records system. Heads of Department will receive an e-mail alert with grade distribution when the faculty member has completed the process.
Academic staff responsible for grading a module in Autumn Semester 2019/20 will be required to submit their grades via the online Module Grade Entry process. Only academics responsible for a module(s) will have access to this system.
- All academic staff should ensure that their name is attached to the correct module(s) in advance of the system being opened. This can be checked by logging on to the student records system (and choosing View My Module Details) or with your department coordinator. If there is an error please contact Modulegradeentry@ul.ie immediately.
- Heads of Department will receive an email containing the distribution of grades and average QPV for the module at 07:00 the day following its submission by the module leader.
- Academic Registry will provide full support to academics during this time and any queries or requests for training should be emailed directly to ModuleGradeEntry@ul.ie.
The Module Exam Requirements Collection System is the online system used by Academic Registry to gather module exam related data for each academic semester.
The system opens twice yearly for submissions and the resulting data is used to produce the end of semester and annual repeat examination timetables.
Module Leaders are responsible for entering exam data for each of their modules into MERCS.
Department Administrators can access information in MERCS related to modules within their own academic department.
Training is available to Module Leaders and Department Administrators each time the system opens.
The system opens for submission as follows:
- Autumn semester exams - Week 1
- Spring semester exams- Week 1
For training, guidance or advice on use of this system please contact email@example.com at any time.
Module Grade Entry (MGE) training will be offered in advance of the Autumn and Spring Grading Cycle.
Each training session usually lasts approximately 30 minutes. This training is aimed at Module Leaders who will be using the MGE system for the first time or Module Leaders who require a refresher course on the MGE system. All module leaders will be invited to this training course via email.
If you do not receive this invitation but are interested in attending one of the sessions please email ModuleGradeEntry@ul.ie for assistance. If you cannot attend the training session the Module Grade Entry instruction manual can be downloaded. If you have any queries please email ModuleGradeEntry@ul.ie for assistance.
This new on-line grading system replaces the paper-based Research Postgraduate Progression (PGR-9 Forms) which have been issued in the past.
Grades will now be entered by the Head of Department via the student portal. Training will be offered in advance of the Grading period. If you could not attend the training session the manual can be downloaded.
Should you require further details on any upcoming training please email PGRProgression@ul.ie for assistance.