The Certificate in Music and Dance is a QQI HET Higher Certificate (NFQ Level 6 Major Award) progression and access-based programme from the Irish World Academy of Music and Dance at the University of Limerick.
The Certificate differs significantly from other music and dance programs on offer and is a route into all of the pathways of the BA in Performing Arts.
For more information on the course itself, please visit the The Irish World Academy of Music and Dance.
Applicants must satisfy the minimum entry requirements of at least:
- Five O6 grades at Ordinary level in the Leaving Certificate or
- Five H7 grades at Higher Level in the Leaving Certificate and
- Experience in music and/or dance
Applicants under 23 years of age are required to submit:
- A copy of your Leaving Certificate results during the application process.
- If your Leaving Certificate is pending, you will be required to submit a copy when you receive your results.
- Copy of Passport.
Applicants over 23 years of age are required to submit:
- Evidence of academic qualifications to date with their application.
Please note: Students 23 years of age and older on the 1st January of the desired year of entry qualify as mature applicants and are assessed on a competency basis.
Each applicant must submit a written assignment, and attend an interview/audition.
The written assignment will consist of an 800-1200 word essay accounting for the applicant's artistic practice to date, their motivations for applying to undertake the Certificate and their expectations of the programme.
Interview & Audition
During the audition, students will be given an aural test in which they will be shown a piece of music or dance and will be asked to write about it.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applications are now open for 2023 entry, closing on 01 July 2023.
- Applications must be made via the link below.
- See Instructions for Applying Directly to UL (under Prospective students).