Students who do not perform to the minimum standards during end-of-semester examinations are permitted to attend annual repeat examinations. Annual repeats are usually held in August.
Note: The minimum standard for progression to the next year of the programme after the repeat is a QCA greater than or equal to 2.00 with no deficient grades.
There is an annual repeat fee of €171 per module.
- If you have completed only one academic semester in a current academic year, you are permitted to repeat a maximum of 2 modules from that semester.
- If you have completed two academic semesters, you are permitted to repeat a maximum of 4 modules.
- I grades are not counted in the maximum number of modules that a student is allowed to repeat.
- Only grades lower than C3 may be repeated (i.e. D1, D2, F, NG, I).
- All modules other than I grades are capped at a grade C3. I grades are uncapped.
- There is a fee payable on registration for repeating all modules except I grades.
- Please Note: On Pass/Fail modules, an N grade is a fail grade.
In order to progress to the next year or graduate, a student's QCA must be at least 2.00 and with no deficient grades (E.g. F, N, NG or I). Annual repeats are offered to eligible students to enable them to meet this criteria.
In order to be eligible for annual repeats, what's known as your residual QCA must be at least 2.00 and cannot include deficient grades (E.g. F, N, NG or I).
- Eligible students will be informed by email. Repeat exams usually take place during the last week of August.
- Students must register online for any repeat examination/assessment and pay the relevant fee. Students who do not register on time will be charged a late registration fee.
- All repeat modules should be registered, including modules where I grades have been granted.
Students who are eligible to progress to the next year of their programme may choose to voluntarily sit annual repeats in order to improve their grades. This is permitted, provided:
- The student has a QCA of at least 2.00 with no deficient grades.
- The student is in a non-graduating year.
Please note: All annual repeats grades are capped at C3.
There are a number of modules which do not allow repeat examinations. Criteria for non-repeatable modules include:
- Modules where assessment relies substantially on completion of practical work
- Specialist placement, e.g. Professional Doctorate in Clinical Psychology Teaching Practice; clinical placements.
- Cases where a conventional written examination is not considered a suitable assessment instrument.
- Projects undertaken by means of team-based work/project, where skills development is being assessed either progressively or continually over a semester.
- Cases where there is a safety implication in laboratory or workshop.
The following modules do not allow repeat examinations:
|Module Code||Module Title|
|AE6100||SPECIALIST PLACEMENT 1|
|AE6200||SPECIALIST PLACEMENT 2|
|AE6300||SPECIALIST PLACEMENT 3|
|AR4001||DESIGN STUDIO 1A|
|AR4002||DESIGN STUDIO 1B|
|AR4004||DESIGN STUDIO 2B|
|AR4005||DESIGN STUDIO 3A|
|AR4006||DESIGN STUDIO 3B|
|AR4007||DESIGN STUDIO 4A|
|AR4008||DESIGN STUDIO 4B|
|AR4009||DESIGN STUDIO 5A - PRE THESIS|
|AR4010||DESIGN STUDIO 5B - THESIS|
|AR4073||DESIGN STUDIO 2A|
|AR4099||DESIGN STUDIO 5A - PRE THESIS|
|CE4023||DESIGN STUDIO 1|
|CS4014||SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT PROJECT|
|CT6004||CLINICAL PLACEMENT 2|
|CT6013||CLINICAL PLACEMENT 1|
|EN5161||THERAPEUTIC GROUP PROCESS 1|
|EN5192||THERAPEUTIC GROUP PROCESS 2|
|EN5515||PROFESSIONAL PLACEMENT MODULE 1|
|EN5516||PROFESSIONAL PLACEMENT MODULE 2|
|EN6024||PROFESSIONAL PLACEMENT 4|
|EN6053||PROFESSIONAL PLACEMENT 3|
|EN6162||SCHOOL PLACEMENT 1|
|EN6182||SCHOOL PLACEMENT 1|
|EN6193||SCHOOL PLACEMENT 2|
|EY4044||SUBJECT PEDAGOGICS 1 (CHEMISTRY)|
|EY4046||SUBJECT PEDAGOGICS 2 (CHEMISTRY)|
|GM4024||ROSTERED CLINICAL PLACEMENT 2|
|GM4034||ROSTERED CLINICAL PLACEMENT 3|
|GM4043||ROSTERED CLINICAL PLACEMENT 1|
|ME4002||INTRODUCTION TO ENGINEERING 2|
|ME4124||FLIGHT DYNAMICS LABORATORY|
|ME4807||AIRCRAFT CONCEPTUAL DESIGN (Course Work non-repeatable)|
|ME4826||AIRCRAFT DESIGN (Course work non-repeatable)|
|MN6013||PROJECT MANAGEMENT SIMULATION|
|MN6903||IN COMPANY PROJECT|
|MT4208||MATERIALS SELECTION AND DESIGN|
|MT5032||MATERIALS SELECTION AND DESIGN|
|OT6081||PRACTICE EDUCATION 1 (OT)|
|OT6082||PRACTICE EDUCATION 4 (OT)|
|OT6083||PRACTICE EDUCATION 2 (OT)|
|OT6301||PRACTICE EDUCATION 3 (OT)|
|PD4101||DESIGN STUDIO 1|
|PD4102||DESIGN STUDIO 2|
|PM6301||THEORY AND PRACTICE OF NEGOTIATIONS (Rose Play Elements)|
|PR4022||PHYSIOTHERAPY PRACTICE EDUCATION 4|
|PR4023||PHYSIOTHERAPY PRACTICE EDUCATION 2|
|PR4091||PHYSIOTHERAPY PRACTICE EDUCATION 3|
|PR4111||PHYSIOTHERAPY PRACTICE EDUCATION 1|
|PR6014||PRACTICE EDUCATION 4|
|PR6053||PRACTICE EDUCATION 3|
|PR6073||PRACTICE EDUCATION 2|
|PY4078||YOUTH SPORT AND POLICY|
|SL6073||PRACTICE EDUCATION 2 (SLT)|
|SL6082||PRACTICE EDUCATION 4 (SLT)|
|SL6089||PRACTICE EDUCATION 3 (SLT)|
|TP4004||TEACHING PRACTICE 1|
|TP4014||SCHOOL PLACEMENT 1|
|TP4024||SCHOOL PLACEMENT 1|
|TP4027||SCHOOL PLACEMENT 2|