The aim of the Healthy UL Healthy Eating Sub Group is to develop and enhance the food and nutrition policies and programmes in UL to ensure that the University has a comprehensive response to the Government’s Healthy Ireland framework, with respect to healthy eating. We wish to contribute to the promotion of the health and wellbeing of the university community (staff, students and visitors) supported by the development of sustainable research programmes in nutrition and health.
Week One - Healthy Eating Tips
Week Two - Healthy Eating Tips
Week Three - Healthy Eating Tips
Week Four - Healthy Eating Tips
Week Five - Healthy Eating Tips
Week Six - Healthy Eating Tips
A healthy diet is crucial in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. It plays a key role in maintaining a healthy weight as well as encouraging positive lifestyles generally. For anyone looking for more information about how to adopt healthier eating practices please explore some of the sites below. A brief title explaining the focus of each of the sites is provided.
Fuelling performance is a key objective in sports nutrition. Optimal nutrition not only improves physical performance but also cognition, concentration and coordination. Optimise your performance with food.
- Check out the GAA Recipes for Success resources. Go n-éirí libh!
- Healthy Eating Guidelines - https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/da7f19-eat-well/
- The food pyramid - https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/70a2e4-the-food-pyramid/
- Food portions sizes from Safe food - https://www.safefood.eu/Healthy-Eating/Food,-Diet-and-Health/Eating-In/S...
- Meal plans for all ages - https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/b01555-healthy-ireland-food-plans-and-...
- Calories in Alcohol - https://www.safefood.eu/Healthy-Eating/Food,-Diet-and-Health/Eating-In/D...
- Specifically for students - https://www.safefood.eu/Healthy-Eating/Food,-Diet-and-Health/Eating-In/F...
- Cooking on a budget - https://unineststudents.ie/blog/cooking-on-a-student-budget
- Recipes for kids - https://www.safefood.eu/Start/Recipes-en.aspx
- General recipes - https://www.safefood.eu/recipes.aspx
- Reading food labels - https://www.safefood.eu/SafeFood/media/SafeFoodLibrary/Documents/Publica...
- Food Shopping Card IHF - https://irishheart.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/foodshoppingcard2014.pdf
- Food safety and hygiene - https://www.safefood.eu/Food-safety.aspx