PhD Scholarship in European Union Politics
The Department of Politics and Public Administration of the University of Limerick is inviting applications for a PhD scholarship in the area of European Union Politics. Applications are especially welcome from candidates who wish to study aspects of the European Parliament or the Council of Ministers in their role as law-making institutions. Skills in research methods or a willingness to acquire them would be an advantage.
The scholarship covers tuition fees (at EU rates) and provides a maintenance grant of €7000 per year for up to four years, subject to academic performance. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the tutorial teaching of the department.
Applications should include (a) a research proposal (5 pages maximum); (b) copies of academic transcripts; (c) a CV or resume (3 pages maximum); and (d) one academic reference. The closing date for applications is 1 May 2013.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com with the subject line ‘EU Politics PhD Scholarship’. Letters of recommendations should be emailed directly by the academic referee.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
** POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH OPPORTUNITIES IN
THE FACULTY OF ARTS, HUMANITIES & SOCIAL SCIENCES
The AHSS Graduate Research Centre has one scholarship on offer for new students, closing date Friday 26th April 2013. Further information available here
** External Funding
The Irish Research Council for the Humanities and Social Sciences (IRCHSS) funds graduate research in the humanities and social sciences.
- Postgraduate scholarships are valued at up to €16,000 per annum.
- Fees are also covered for the period of the Scholarship.
- Applicants must be either citizens of Ireland or citizens of a member state of the European Union who have been ordinarily resident within Ireland for a continuous period of not less than three years.
- Competitions are held annually.
- Further details are available from www.irchss.ie
Student Universal Support Ireland (SUSI) will pay all or part of the tuition fee for some postgraduate students.
- Support is provided on the basis of need.
- A summary of the current regulations can be found here http://www.studentfinance.ie/mp9543/postgraduate-students/index.html
- A full statement of the programme is available here: http://www.studentfinance.ie/downloads/1339418623/Student_Grant_Scheme_2012.pdf
- Contact details for SUSI can be found here: http://www.studentfinance.ie/mp9540/new-grant-applications-for-2012-13/index.html
** Other Sources of Internal Funding
From time to time, the Graduate School advertises bursaries and scholarships. Details will be advertised here.
From time to time the Department of Politics and Public Administration advertises bursaries and scholarships. Details will be listed on this page.