Who can apply and how long does it take?
The following may apply for interlibrary loans:
- Postgraduates (Taught and Research).
- 4th year undergraduate students.
Postal requests may take up to 10 days to supply.
If the item requested cannot be obtained for any reason, we will inform you of this.
What can I request through the interlibrary loan office?
- The ILL office can source a wide variety of material including journal articles, books, conference proceedings, patents and theses.
- Contact the interlibrary loans office for more detailed information.
How do I apply for an interlibrary loan?
- Applications for inter library loans are now made online using ClioWeb. (Note: The Library no longer accepts paper requests for inter library loans).
- When using ClioWeb, first time users must register.
- After requesting a journal article via ClioWeb, a copyright declaration form will be emailed to you, which you must sign.
- You can drop this form into the Library Information Desk in person, or you can also fax (061) 213090 or scan and email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- To ensure that the item is not already available in the library, check the library catalogue, the Library's a-z list of print and electronic journals and the institutional repository before completing an ILL request form.
- You must supply full bibliographic details of the item you want.
- You must also include your name, student/staff ID number and department details.
- Please include as much detail as possible about the item as incomplete or inaccurate information can cause a delay to the process.
How many interlibrary loans can I request?
|Category||Quota of Requests|
|Staff||No set quota|
|Taught Postgraduates||5 per academic year|
|Research Postgraduates||12 per academic year|
|4th year Undergraduates||3 (in preparation for final year project)|
How do I know when my request has arrived?
- Photocopies of journal articles received through the interlibrary loan service are sent to staff and postgraduate students via internal mail.
- 4th year undergraduate students may collect their photocopies from the library Information Desk.
- All users will receive notification of receipt of books/loan-able items via email.
- Items should be collected from the interlibrary loan office as soon as possible after notification is received.
How long can I keep an interlibrary loan Item?
- You can keep photocopies of journal articles.
- The loan period for books is designated by the lending library - this can vary from one to six weeks.
- You can take most items home but some are for use in the library only.
- Items which are designated "For Library Use Only" are held for users at the Library Information Desk and are available for consultation during desk opening hours.
- Your student ID card is required when collecting such items.
- We ask you to respect the conditions of the ILL service with regard to borrowing, recalls and overdue items.
Charges imposed by the British Library for overdue and/or lost items can be very expensive, and these charges will be passed onto the user.
Go to the Library Information Desk on the ground floor to inquire about the Interlibrary Loan service.
The contact person for interlibrary Loan is:
University of Limerick
Telephone : 061 202157
Fax : 061 213090
Email : email@example.com