Information on how to access the library's electronic resources from home or when you using a laptop/ mobile device on campus.
Frequently Asked Questions about the New Library Search and Website
You must have a valid UL computer account to access the library's electronic resources from home or while using a laptop or mobile device on campus
When you select an electronic resource you will be prompted to login https://login.proxy.lib.ul.ie
- Students: Log in with your username (this is your ID number, your ID number will be listed on your student card) and password (the password you would use to log into a computer on campus)
- Postgraduate Researchers: Log in with your student log in details
- Staff: Log in with your username (which is your name, in the format firstname.surname) and password (the password you would use to log into a computer on campus).
If you have any difficulty accessing the library's electronic resources please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I setup up a UL computer account?
If you do not have a valid computer account, please follow the instructions on how to set up a computer account, which are listed on the Information Technology Division (ITD) website.
- Once you have created a computer account, log onto a computer on campus to make sure your computer account works.
- Sometimes users experience problems with their password when trying to login to the library electronic resources off campus even though their password is working for other off campus access systems. We recommend in this case that users reset their password, you can do this on campus while logging on to a computer or off campus by following instructions at this link. https://offsite.ul.ie/passwordreset/StudentChangePassword.aspx , alternatively you can email the Information Technology Student Support mailbox email@example.com for assistance with changing your password.
Can I access articles through google scholar off campus?
Yes, if the library subscribes to the content in question you should be able to view it from a Google Scholar search
- You will firstly need to set up University of Limerick Library as your institutional library in the settings in google scholar (Go to settings and then Library Links), add both University of Limerick Links "University of Limerick Full-Text @ UL Library" and "University of Limerick View it @ UL Library"
- Once you have set up University of Limerick as your Library, you will then see the following text "Full - Text @ UL Library" and / or View it @ UL Library" when you do a search beside content the library subscribes to.
- Once you select this link you will be prompted to login https://login.proxy.lib.ul.ie
- Login with your valid UL computer account.
Alternatively, install a bookmarklet in your browser.
To install the bookmarklet:
Copy or drag the bookmaklet link above and add to the favourites/bookmarks in your browser
Once you have added the bookmarklet, you can click on an article link and then click on the bookmarklet. You will then be prompted to log in with your UL username and password. Once we subscribe to the journal you will get access to the full text.
How do I access e-books off campus?
Use the Library Search to find e-books, in most cases you will be prompted to login with your UL credentials when you try to access the full text. However if you are not prompted to login, you will need to sign in using the "Sign In" option on the top right hand corner of the screen. We recommend that you always sign in before doing a search, as this way you will ensure that you can get access to subscribed electronic resources
How do I get help with any of the library's electronic resources?
If none of the above helps you, please contact us via the Ask Us - Tell Us service or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a screenshot of the error message which you are seeing, so that we can investigate it further.
If you need assistance with searching the library's electronic resources you should contact your Faculty Librarian.