Congratulations on receiving your offer letter from the University of Limerick!
You will have received a programme acceptance form along with your offer letter. Pay your acceptance deposit and then complete the programme acceptance form. The completed form should be returned to the International Education Division (IED) by the date stated. Instructions on how to pay your acceptance deposit and your tuition fees are on the programme acceptance form. If you did not receive a form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check your offer letter carefully to determine if there are any academic or English language conditions attached. If you received a conditional offer letter, the letter will specify the examinations you must undertake and the results you must achieve to satisfy the requirements. As soon as you have completed the examinations and received the results stated on your offer letter, please submit the results to IED for verification.You will receive an unconditional offer letter if you already met the academic requirements for entry at the time of application. Conditional offers become unconditional when IED receives the documents specified in the offer letter and when any specified grades/marks are achieved.
New students are required to pay tuition fees for year 1 of their programme before they enrol. Tuition fees for subsequent years of study can be paid in instalments.
The International Education Division is delighted to be able to offer students from outside the EU the option of paying their tuition fees for full time programmes online. Fees for on campus accommodation and medical insurance fees may also be paid online. With no international bank transfer fees and a better exchange rate guaranteed it is the preferred method of payment. Your student visa will be processed much faster.
How does it work? You make a local bank transfer in your home country. This local payment takes 1 day. You then email International Student Payment Service (ISPS) a copy of your electronic funds transfer payment. ISPS receive instant notification from the local bank and transfers the money into the University of Limerick bank account. Proceed to pay for tuition / accommodation / medical insurance on line
Alternative Payment Method: Credit or Debit Card
An automated telephone system is also available for debit/credit cards is available 24x7 on 00353 61 529097. There is no service charge associated with this payment.
You are required to have
• Student ID number (application ID which is on the top left of your offer letter)
• Student’s date of birth
• Card details on which the payment is to be made (Min payment is €100)
- Passport/Travel Documents: Pack your travel documents, passport and offer letter in your hand luggage. Do not pack them into suitcases that will be stowed as you will need to present them at the airport immigration desk. You should make a copy of all the documents and pack the copies separately from the originals. It's also a good idea to leave a copy of the documents at home with your parent/guardian.
- Visa: Get your visa to enter Ireland (if required) well in advance. If you are a citizen of one of the countries listed here , you do not need to apply for a visa. Click here for student visa guidelines.
- Offer Letter: Bring your original offer letter with you as you may be asked to produce it when entering Ireland.
- Medical Insurance: One of the Irish student visa requirements is that non-EU nationals must have medical insurance. Medical insurance for students attending UL can be purchased online at a cost of €120.
- Tuition Fees: Be sure to pay your tuition fees in advance. Fees may be paid online
- Register with Garda National Immigration Bureau: All international students are required to register with the Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) on arrival in Ireland.
- Sufficient Funds: The GNIB will need to see proof that you have sufficient funds for one year at the time you register.
- Accommodation: Have you booked accommodation for your duration at UL? On-campus accommodation can be booked in advance through the Accommodation Office.
- Transfer from the Airport: If you arrive into Shannon Airport on particular dates, the International Office will arrange to collect you free of charge. To avail of this service, please email email@example.com
- Contact Details: Before you leave home, give your contact details and Irish address to a family member or friend so that they can contact you easily.
- Prescription Medicine: If you are taking prescription medicine, please be sure to bring it with you.
If you have any queries regarding any aspect of your studies at UL, please contact a member of the IED team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org