Autumn Semester 1st June and Spring Semester 1st November
GPA of 2.9 on a 4.0 scale is required for direct entry.
Preparing your Application
Before you begin the online application you will need to complete the following tasks
- Take a selfie! You will need a digital photo.
- Get an electronic copy of your official transcript.
- Preselect 8 to 10 classes. You will take 5 of these. Talk to your advisor and have a look at our information in Classes & Credits
- Use our online application to apply for UL's Study Abroad Programme
There are a number of documents mentioned on our online application that are not immediately required:
- Recommendation - you will only require a professor/advisor recommendation if your GPA is below 2.9 on a 4.0 scale. You can submit your application without this.
- Financial Supporting documentation - This is required by the immigration office, you need to prove that you have sufficient funds to cover your study abroad period, €1,500 for each semester. A parent/guardian can provide a notarized financial statement as an alternative. You can submit your application without this. You will need it once you get to Ireland.
- Personal Statement - This is only required if your GPA is below 2.9 on a 4.0 scale. It can be between 300 and 500 words and should outline why you would like to study abroad in Ireland.
Applicants for Study Abroad must have a high level of competence in English. Any of the following qualifications are acceptable.
ETAP B2 TOEFL 550 (paper-based) 210 (computer based) 80 (internet based) IELTS Minimum overall score of 6.5.
What if I don't meet these requirements? Our on campus language centre offers a range of Pre Sessional English language classes to help you achieve the required level. For more information on English language classes, please see here.
Non EU tuition €6,000 per semester
EU tuition €3,000 per semester – Applies to residents of the EU only
To help you plan your finances for study abroad we have put together a Budget Planner
How to pay – Tuition and accommodation can be paid online securely using our trusted partner PaytoStudy
Apply now - there is no application feeApply for Study Abroad