After completing the UL exchange application form, you need to follow the application process for exchange students at your host institution. You should receive an information pack by email or by post from your host institution.
You are responsible for organising your own accommodation while on exchange. The availability of accommodation varies: some partners do not have on-campus accommodation while others can guarantee rooms to exchange students who apply on time. Check this with the International Office at your host institution and pay attention to application deadlines.
Remember that you may need to pre-register for modules at particular partner institutions due to demand. Meet with your Academic Coordinator at UL before you leave and be aware of the academic requirements for your programme.
Travel and Health Insurance
Students travelling outside the EU need to obtain adequate travel and health insurance. Before purchasing health insurance, check the requirements on your host university’s website.
If you are going on an international exchange, it is likely you will need to apply for a student visa in your host country. You are advised to apply for your visa as soon as you receive the relevant documentation from your host university. Further information on the application process can be found via the following country-specific links.
- Australia: www.immi.gov.au/students/students/575-1/apply-online.htm
- Canada: www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/study-apply_demande-etude.aspx
- China: http://ie.china-embassy.org/eng/Consular/
- New Zealand: www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/study/application/default.htm
- USA: http://dublin.usembassy.gov/how_to_apply.html