Erasmus International Credit Mobility (ICM) provides opportunities for staff and students to study, teach and train in countries outside Europe. The funding facilitates:
- An expanded international offering
- Access to new regions for staff and student mobility
- The development and strengthening of partnerships
- Engaging with new fields of international research
The University of Limerick has five current projects as follows:
Over the course of the projects under the 2015 and 2016 deadlines 185 people will benefit directly from E+ICM, 122 staff members and 63 students:
- 65 staff coming to UL from partner countries to teach, train or job shadow
- 57 staff will travel to a range of partner countries
- 52 students from across the partner countries will study at UL gaining credits towards their final award at their home university
- 11 UL students will benefit from participating in E+ ICM studying in partner countries
2015 R1 2015 R2 2016 R1 2016 R2 2017
€150,252 €111,898 €241,654 €218,892 €433,392(preliminary)
- Partner Countries are divided into 12 different regions. Countries included can be found here.
How to Apply:
- Student mobility for studies: Available grants for UL students will be advertised on this page and through the International Office. The selection of students is based on academic merit. There are currently no opportunities for students available.
- Staff mobility for teaching or training activities: UL staff members will be sent an expression of interest by IED, who make the application on behalf of the university to the HEA. There is one deadline per year. Available staff opportunities will be advertised on this webpage. There are currently no opportunties for staff available.
Information for Approved Staff and Students can be found in the following checklists:
The travel grant for students and staff is based on a distance band as follows:
8000km or more €1100
|Type of Mobility||Incoming||Outgoing||Minimum Duration||Maximum Duration|
|Staff||€160 per day reduced on 15th day||€160 per day reduced on 15th day||5 days ex travel||60 days|
|Student||€850 per month||€650 per month||3 months or 1 semester||12 monhts|
Read about some of the student experiences:
"It opens your mind to other ways of life, costs of living, cultures, climates, the effects of colonisation and most importantly it awakens you to the fact that the way we do things at home is not the only way of life."
- Natasha Toole, BA Psychology & Sociology Erasmus + Credit Mobility Grant, Unitec Institute of Technology New Zealand