The UL Study Abroad programme is open to international students who wish to spend a semester or year at UL earning academic credit that is recognised by their home institution. The University of Limerick welcomes incoming students on the Study Abroad programme from all over the world including but not limited to USA, Japan, Thailand, China, Korea, Australia and many European countries. If you want to study abroad here, please contact us with any individual enquiries or particular needs at Study.Abroad@ul.ie
Have a look at our brochure for more information.
Check out our interactive e-brochure :www.limerick.op-ireland.com/guideCheck out our interactive e-brochure :www.limerick.op-ireland.com/guideCheck out our interactive e-brochure :www.limerick.op-ireland.com/gu
To apply please click here.
For assistance with the online application please see our userguide or email email@example.com for assistance
- Fall Semester 1st June
- Spring Semester 1st November
GPA of 2.9 on a 4.0 scale is required for direct entry. Exceptions apply - please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We provide complimentary airport collection on Monday and Tuesday of orientation week.
Monday 29th and Tuesday 30th August 2016 for students beginning studies in the autumn.
To sign up for airport collections, just fill in our airport collection form. Our deadline for completing this form is 4th December 2016.
Monday 16th and Tuesday 17th January 2017 for students beginning studies in the spring. We will be in email contact closer to the start of the semester with information on how to sign up for airport collection.
- Fully integrated environment: You will be integrated with Irish and other international students for classes, on-campus accommodation and clubs & societies.
- Extensive choice of modules: You can choose modules from across all faculties to fulfill major, minor and/or general education requirements.
- Two-week trial period: You have a two-week trial period on your initial module choice. This ensures that the modules you select are at an appropriate level and that you are comfortable with your choices.
- Sport: You will be given complementary membership of the University Arena (sports centre).
- Field trips and student events: The International Office organises a number of off campus activities each semester. These include a special Thanksgiving dinner in the Fall and organised trips to Dublin and West of Ireland tourist attractions. We also work with the International Society at UL to promote other trips and activities which are offered at discount prices to students.
- Tailored Orientation Programme: We offer a specific Study Abroad Orientation each semester. The programme includes day-time and evening events and takes place prior to the first week of classes. It is an ideal way to settle in, meet other students and familiarise yourself with the campus before lectures start!
- Airport pick up: Students are collected from Shannon International Airport each semester on the Monday and Tuesday prior to orientation.
- Excellent support services: We encourage you to keep in touch with the office while on campus. We offer information and advice on immigration, accommodation and culture. We also provide specific pre-examination and pre-departure meetings at the end of each semester.
- Buddy Programme:
Modules are available across all Faculties.
Complete Module information is available in the Book of Modules.
Students coming to UL for Fall or Spring should select their modules from the List of Class, which are available in our documents section on the left hand side of this page.
Detailed information about registering for classes, lectures, tutorials and exams will be covered in the comprehensive orientation programme when you arrive. The International Education Division also provides one-to-one advice on request.
Modules are mostly assessed by means of a 100% end-of-semester formal written examination. In some cases assessment will be done through a mixture of continuous assessment and a written exam.
Our mission statement is available here.