The Rugby Study Abroad Programme offers male and female rugby players of all levels the opportunity to undertake their academic studies at UL whilst being an active member of UL Bohemian RFC.
- Enrolment at UL for one or two semesters (starting at the beginning of September)
- Full-time course load (15 credits per semester) recognised by your home institution
- Wide range of modules available across UL’s four faculties
- Recreational playing membership of UL Bohemian RFC and free UL Bohemian playing uniform
- Free tickets to two Munster Heineken Cup matches and one international match
- Membership of UL Arena – offering world-class sports facilities
- Field trips
- Lifelong friendships and contacts
Rugby in Limerick
Limerick is a designated European City of Sport 2011, and rugby is one of the city’s most popular sports, from schools to senior level. Limerick clubs Garryowen and Young Munster are among the most established in the country. Visiting teams come to Limerick with foreboding, particularly to Thomond Park, the formidable home of Munster, Shannon and UL Bohemian RFCs. As a participant of the UL Rugby Study Abroad Programme, you will have opportunities to experience this atmosphere for yourself and to attend All Ireland League, European Cup, Celtic League and international fixtures during your stay in Limerick.
You must have completed at least one year of your undergraduate studies at a recognised university and have achieved a cumulative minimum GPA of 2.9. No prior experience of rugby is required.
Established rugby players may have the opportunity to play Irish intervarsity rugby with the UL men's or women's teams.
There are additional opportunities for elite players at the UL Bohemian’s Rugby Academy.
Contact email@example.com Tel: +353-61-202338 Fax:+353-61-213062