Taught Programmes (Graduate Diploma or Masters)
The requirements below are the minimum entry requirements set by the University. Each taught postgraduate programme has particular entry requirements therefore applicants should consult the individual programme entries for further details.
Applicants to a Taught Programme (minimum entry requiments)
Applicants for a Master’s programme must normally have a first or second class Level 8 honours degree (NFQ or other internationally recognised equivalent) in a relevant or appropriate subject, or equivalent prior learning that is recognised by the University as meeting this requirement. Applicants must also satisfy the English Language Requirements of the University. The University reserves the right to shortlist and interview applicants as deemed necessary.
Garda Clearance Requirements
Offers of places on programmes that require garda clearance will be provisional pending the outcome of the garda vetting process. Garda vetting documents will be sent to all applicants offered places on the following programmes
Research Postgraduate Programme
The requirements listed below are the minimum requirements set by the University. Individual Faculties may have specific requirements and applicants are requested to identify a potential supervisor before submitting an application for a research programme.
Applicants to a Research Degree Programme (minimum entry requiments)
- An appropriate master's or equivalent qualification that has been obtained from a University or other institution recognised by UL following a period of study similar to that required in UL. A candidate who holds a master's degree in a discipline other than that in which the doctoral research is intended to be pursued shall be considered for entry under rule 5.4.1b, or
- An honours primary bachelor's degree with a minimum classification of 2.1 honours or equivalent qualification, or
- An honours primary bachelor's degree with a minimum classification of 2.2 honours or equivalent qualification, or
- A degree, or equivalent qualification, other than that specified in 5.4.1a, 5.4.1b or 5.4.1c and a minimum of four years' acceptable professional experience at an appropriate and relevant level may be considered for entry to the master's register.
- Candidates within this category without a minimum of four years' acceptable professional experience will be considered for entry under regulation 5.4.4.