The purpose of the Committee is to oversee the successful implementation and development of the EHS research priorities and emergent areas, to encourage the development of a research ecosystem to support the work of all researchers, encourage mentoring of early researcher careers, support the development of the Doctoral education portfolio and processes, as well as support ethical processes and research integrity.
The committee is chaired by the Assistant Dean for Research, and membership includes representation from all Departments in the Faculty, including research theme champions, champions of research integrity, doctoral training, early career researchers, and post graduate research students. The committee works to implement the University and Faculty strategic plans, and oversees distribution of seed funding, allocation of fee waivers, and various research support mechanisms.
- Committee Chair: Assistant Dean Research - Prof Stephen Gallagher
- Ethics: Dr Drew Harrison
- Early Career Champion: Dr Matthew Herring
- Mid Career Champion: Dr Joanne O'Flaherty
- Advanced Career Champion: Prof Ann MacPhail
- Funding Officer: Dr Orla Power Grant
- Technical Officer: Rhoda Sohun
- Post Doctorate representative: Dr Siobhan Leahy