The ceremonies could not happen without the participation of academic and administrative staff of the University. These pages contain all the information you need to prepare for your role at the ceremony.
Order of Ceremony
- Nominees, proposers and members of Governing Authority, Academic Council and staff are robed and form the academic procession.
- The Vice President Academic & Registrar opens and closes the ceremony.
- The Chancellor initiates the proceedings with his welcome address.
- Each nominee is usually introduced by a senior academic, whose address should not be longer than eight minutes' duration.
- The President confers the honorary degree by presenting a suitably inscribed parchment.
- Each recipient is invited to sign the "Roll of Honour", which includes a photograph of the recipient and a printed copy of the citation. The President and Chancellor also sign the Roll of Honour.
University of Limerick honorary conferrings are formal occasions, and we ask attending staff to dress accordingly.
- Men should wear a smart suit, shirt and tie and plain black shoes (no boots or runners). Jackets should be buttoned when on stage.
- Women should wear a smart dress or suit (skirt and jacket or trouser suit).
Staff who wish to take part in the academic procession should confirm their intention to do so by emailing email@example.com. Staff taking part in the academic procession should then present themselves, fully robed, 30 minutes in advance of the ceremony at the designated area as advised by the Office of the Vice President Academic & Registrar.
For those wishing to hire academic robes for the ceremony, robe hire forms are available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed forms should be returned prior to 18 April 2017.
For further information, please contact:
Telephone: 061-202022 / 234840