- Professional Education
- MBA Programmes
- Management Programmes and Training
- Customised Management Training
- Project Management Programmes and Training
- Project Management Training
- Taxation Programmes
- Part Time Degree Programmes
- Other Part-Time Programmes
- Short Training Programmes
- About KBS
Welcome to Kemmy Business School
Business Excellence Through Learning
This programme has been rewritten and updated to reflect the changes in the new Project Management Body of Knowledge book published by the PMI.
The Project Management Professional (PMP) exam is offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI), who have been acknowledged as pioneers in the field. Their membership represents a truly global community with more than 200,000 professionals, representing 125 countries. The PMP is the profession?s most globally recognized and respected credential.
This is an intense three-day course leading to delegates sitting the Project Management Professional exam with the PMI.
This course is aimed at those wishing to gain the qualification and to understand the terminology and principles behind the methods.
This course would benefit:
Project managers and team leaders who have several years project experience and who feel they have the necessary exposure but require assistance and direction to pass the examination.
Participants must be familiar with the basic elements of work breakdown structures, activity network diagrams and activity duration estimating, cost estimating, contracting, leadership and team development, quality management, risk, earned value management, and procurement.
Aims and Objectives:
This course provides a comprehensive walk through of all of the PMBOK knowledge and process areas. The programme has been revised and updated in line with the PMBOK 3rd edition (2004).
On completion you will:
- Have a thorough understanding of the principles and processes described in the PMBOK.
- Be able to cite the nine essential processes, their sub-processes and where each process fits into the five process groups etc.
- Understand the major tools and techniques described in the PMBOK.
- Be familiar with the type of questions regularly posed in the PMP exam (all sessions are complemented with sets of typical questions).
- Complete a simulation PMP exam at the end of the course.
- Review of the application & certification process
- Project Phases & Process Groups
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Time Management
Scheduling Tools & Techniques ? Workshop.
- Project Cost Management
- Earned Value ? Workshop
- Project Quality Management
- Project Human Resource Management
- Project Communication Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Social and Professional Responsibilities
- Final Review
Next Training Dates
Venue: Limerick (University of Limerick)
Dates: Autumn 2013: 4th/5th/6th November 2013
Cost - €900
Cost - €400 (Students/Unemployed)
(Special rates apply for UL Staff - Please contact the CPM for further details)
Queries: For more details on the CPM’s short term training programmes, please contact
...2 weeks 11 hours ago
...1 month 5 days ago
Forty-seven (47)) high achieving University of Limerick business and...1 month 2 weeks agoThe Kemmy Business School, University of Limerick and the Business...3 months 2 weeks ago
The May 2013 edition of the Kemmy Business...3 months 3 weeks ago
AugUL Conferring Ceremonies will run from 26th August 2013 to 30th August 2013 inclusive
IIBD CASE COMPETITION 8 NOV 2013
JanUL Winter Conferrings will run from 20/01/2014 to 22/01/2014