- Professional Education
- MBA Programmes
- Management Programmes
- Customised Management Training
- Project Management Programmes
- Project Management Training
- Taxation Programmes
- Part Time Degree Programmes
- Other Part-Time Programmes
- About KBS
You are hereHome ›
Course Director: Dr. Yvonne Costin
Course Administrator: Kathy Ryan
AY 2014 / 15 Course Fees Click to view the Programme Brochure
Full Time: EU €7000 Non EU €12000
Ranked #36 Best Masters in Entrepreneurship Globally
The focus of the course is around developing students’ entrepreneurial behaviour and generating business opportunities. This one-year full-time Masters programme provides students with the specialist knowledge and a practical understanding of the key tasks required to establish, manage and grow a new venture in a challenging international business environment whist building the students network of professional contacts in the area of small business.
The programme is designed for graduates who wish to start an entrepreneurial venture; those who wish to work in small and medium firms or as trainers and consultants with small and medium enterprises.Click here to download the programme brochure.
Why should you consider the Masters in International Entrepreneurship Management?
- A central differentiating feature of this Masters is the experiential and real time nature of the learning on the programme where you immerse yourself in an entrepreneurial journey of starting and growing a new venture with international potential and complete a two year investor ready Strategic Commercialisation plan. It develops competencies in opportunity recognition, market validation, resource leveraging, financial management and business planning.
- You will learn with and from entrepreneurs through the completion of in-company projects in Marketing and Sales, Frim Internationalisation and Management Consulting. This action learning provides a transformational personal and business related learning experience and enhances self - confidence, creativity, critical thinking, teamwork, reflection, communication and presentation skills.
- The programme invites entrepreneurs, government agency, financial institution and venture capital representatives to share their experiences on different aspects of starting and growing a business internationally and provide an enhanced targeted network of contacts for future personal and business development opportunities.
- You will participate in a mentoring programme through the Irish Exporters Association’s Asia Trade Forum Programme and will have the opportunity to work with a member company to develop an international market entry strategy into an Asian market.
This one year, Full-time, programme consists of ten taught modules, completed over two academic semesters and a research dissertation that will be completed during the summer semester.
Semester 1 (Autumn)
Semester 2 (Spring)
Semester 3 (Summer)
|Establishing International Ventures||Strategic International Venture Growth||Business Simulation|
|Managing Creativity and Innovation New Venture||Business Consulting||Strategic Commercialisation Project|
|Marketing and Sales Strategies||Financial Issues for Small and Medium Enterprises|
|Professional Development 1||Human Resource Management for Small & Medium Enterprises|
|Information Management for Small & Medium Enterprises||Research Methods|
|Leadership, Influence and Change|
Professional Development 2
Electives – Choose 1
International Economic Issues
Applicants will possess a minimum of a 2:2 honours primary degree. An interview may form part of the application process. Applicants who cannot satisfy the minimum 2:2 honours primary degree requirement may be accepted on the basis of relevant professional experience (e.g., small business related experience as entrepreneurs or as an employee in a small or medium sized firm).
In the case of international students, applicants must hold a qualification that is equivalent to an Irish or UK honours bachelor's degree (NQAI level 8). The degree must be in a discipline relevant to the postgraduate degree sought. To find out if you have the correct qualifications to apply for a programme at UL check the specific requirements for your home country.
Where candidates are non-native English language speakers, the candidate should meet the University’s English Language Requirements.
There is a focus on action and experiential learning including interactive presentations, industry specific case studies, team work, individual assignments and entrepreneurship and small business-related projects which stimulate innovative thinking and more effectively develop the student’s entrepreneurial potential. In addition, external speakers from the small firm world, government agencies, professional organisations and financial institutions will challenge participants thinking and provide an enhanced network of contacts for future personal and business development opportunities.
The opportunity to work with and solve business problems for small and medium firms will further equip students with the best practices in small firm formation and growth and thus better prepare them to engage in entrepreneurial activity either personally or in an established business context.
The completion of a research paper allows the student to deepen their knowledge and expertise in a chosen subject of interest or alternatively, completion of the Strategic Commercialisation Project provides students with the opportunity to transition a business idea and evaluate its commercialization options by developing a two year strategic growth plan.
A key feature of this Masters programme is the linkages and working collaborations with local and regional communities, government agencies, professional organisations and the small and medium enterprise sector through completion of in company research projects, management consultancy assignments and the inclusion of practitioners as guest speakers and their participation in panel discussions.
GRADUATES & CAREERS
”I consider this to be one of the best decisions that I have made with regard to my Career as an individual and as an owner manager. This is an excellent programme with a good mix of academia, practical work and self-awareness. I would highly recommend this programme.”
Theresa Mulvihill, TAMM Marketing
”The programme also acts as a great networking experience, as students will engage with a large number of people which will serve as useful contacts into the future. The Masters has equipped me with the practical skills to take my business further and has opened my eyes towards other business opportunities particularly in International markets.”
Craig Dee, First Class Events
”Coming from a scientific and technical background, I have gained a new business viewpoint that I feel I did not have before in areas such as business planning, marketing, strategy, leadership, and finance in the context of small to medium enterprises and from an international business outlook. The wisdom shared by the many guest entrepreneurs is inspiring. ”
View AllFull Time Courses
- Corporate MBA
- MA in Business Management
- MA in International Tourism (Full-Time)
- Master of Arts International Tourism (Part-Time)
- Master of Taxation
- Masters in International Entrepreneurship Management
- MSc in Computational Finance
- MSc in Economic Analysis
- MSc in Economic Analysis (Part-Time)
- MSc in Finance & Information Systems
- MSc in Financial Services
- MSc in Human Resource Management (Full-Time) (EPAS Accredited)
- MSc in Human Resource Management (Part-Time) (EPAS Accredited)
- MSc in International Management and Global Business
- MSc in Marketing, Consumption & Society
- MSc in Project and Programme Management (On-Line)
- MSc in Project Management
- MSc in Work & Organisational Psychology/Behaviour (Full-Time)
- MSc in Work & Organisational Psychology/Behaviour (Part-Time)
- MSc Risk Management and Insurance
- Professional Diploma in Accounting (Part-Time)
View AllPart Time Courses
Wednesday, 25th March 2015
...4 days 5 hours ago
23rd Annual John Lovett Lecture - “Human Resource Management and the Management of Workplace Conflict”
Professor Paul Teague,...3 weeks 4 days ago
Professor Colm O’Gorman (Professor of...1 month 1 day ago
The Minister for Business and Employment, Ged Nash TD, has just...1 month 2 weeks ago
The KBS is delighted to announce that its Corporate MBA programme was...5 months 3 weeks ago