- Professional Education
- MBA Programmes
- Management Programmes
- Customised Management Training
- Project Management Programmes
- Project Management Training
- Taxation Programmes
- Part Time Degree Programmes
- Other Part-Time Programmes
- About KBS
You are hereHome ›
Course Director: Dr. Briga Hynes
Course Administrator: Kathy Ryan
The Masters in International Entrepreneurship Management is a one-year full-time programme of study designed to provide students with the specialist knowledge and a practical understanding of the key tasks required to establish, manage and grow a new venture in a challenging international business environment.
Click here to download the programme brochure.
Why should you consider the Masters in International Entrepreneurship Management?
- It is designed for graduates who wish to start an entrepreneurial venture or those who wish to return to a corporate setting with the enhanced knowledge and skills to contribute to entrepreneurial management and leadership.
- The programme provides owner-managers, employees in small firms, service providers, economic development agency personnel and individuals who work with entrepreneurs the education and training resources they need to engage in a more effective manner with the small firm sector.
- While drawing on a wide range of theories and international best practices that have shaped the field of entrepreneurship and small business development, the programme offers an excellent blend of theory and practice achieved through participation in innovative activities in an experience-based learning environment of the Kemmy Business School.
- The programme provides students with the specialist knowledge and a practical understanding of the key tasks required to establish, manage and grow a new venture in a challenging international business environment and thus enhance an entrepreneurial mindset to prepare students for careers as entrepreneurs, as owner- managers, policy makers in support services or in entrepreneurial management in different types of organisations.
To develop useful skills and perspectives such as creative problem solving, diagnostic skills, communication and project management skills, people management skills that are needed to grow a small business internationally.
This one year, Full-time, programme consists of ten taught modules, completed over two academic semesters and a research dissertation that will be completed during the summer semester.
Semester 1 (Autumn)
Semester 2 (Spring)
Semester 3 (Summer)
|Establishing International Ventures||Strategic International Venture Growth||Business Simulation|
|Managing Creativity and Innovation New Venture||Business Consulting||Strategic Commercialisation Project|
|Marketing and Sales Strategies||Financial Issues for Small and Medium Enterprises|
|Professional Development 1||Human Resource Management for Small & Medium Enterprises|
|Information Management for Small & Medium Enterprises||Research Methods|
|Leadership, Influence and Change|
Professional Development 2
Electives – Choose 1
International Economic Issues
Applicants will possess a minimum of a 2:2 honours primary degree. An interview may form part of the application process. Applicants who cannot satisfy the minimum 2:2 honours primary degree requirement may be accepted on the basis of relevant professional experience (e.g., small business related experience as entrepreneurs or as an employee in a small or medium sized firm).
In the case of international students, applicants must hold a qualification that is equivalent to an Irish or UK honours bachelor's degree (NQAI level 8). The degree must be in a discipline relevant to the postgraduate degree sought. To find out if you have the correct qualifications to apply for a programme at UL check the specific requirements for your home country.
Where candidates are non-native English language speakers, the candidate should meet the University’s English Language Requirements.
There is a focus on action and experiential learning including interactive presentations, industry specific case studies, team work, individual assignments and entrepreneurship and small business-related projects which stimulate innovative thinking and more effectively develop the student’s entrepreneurial potential. In addition, external speakers from the small firm world, government agencies, professional organisations and financial institutions will challenge participants thinking and provide an enhanced network of contacts for future personal and business development opportunities.
The opportunity to work with and solve business problems for small and medium firms will further equip students with the best practices in small firm formation and growth and thus better prepare them to engage in entrepreneurial activity either personally or in an established business context.
The completion of a research paper allows the student to deepen their knowledge and expertise in a chosen subject of interest or alternatively, completion of the Strategic Commercialisation Project provides students with the opportunity to transition a business idea and evaluate its commercialization options by developing a two year strategic growth plan.
A key feature of this Masters programme is the linkages and working collaborations with local and regional communities, government agencies, professional organisations and the small and medium enterprise sector through completion of in company research projects, management consultancy assignments and the inclusion of practitioners as guest speakers and their participation in panel discussions.
GRADUATES & CAREERS
"The MBS International Entrepreneurship Management has given me a favourable platform at the start of my career to achieve my visions and goals. I would recommend anyone that has the motivation to be successful, and aspiration to own their own business to undertake this programme to achieve this. The quality of the guest speakers gave great insight to the issues and challenges that face small and medium enterprises on a daily basis. The quality of the lecturing is very impressive and was captured in a culture of learning through discussion between students, lectures and guest speakers. The course covers every aspect of a business including innovation which is very applicable in the current economic climate."
Eoin Gorman - Owner – Manager of Front Edge Management Ltd.
"For me, one of the most valuable aspects of the Masters was the entrepreneurial atmosphere and positive attitude to starting a business that was fostered by both the lecturers and the other students in the class. The numerous guest lecturers also allowed us to benefit from the practical experiences of individuals who had established successful Irish and international businesses. Overall, I felt that the course was a great, confidence-boosting and a great step on the path to starting a business."
Edel Frost – Co owner - One World Learning.
View AllFull Time Courses
- Corporate MBA
- MA in Business Management
- MA in International Tourism (Full-Time)
- Master of Arts International Tourism (Part-Time)
- Master of Taxation
- Masters in International Entrepreneurship Management
- MSc in Computational Finance
- MSc in Economic Analysis
- MSc in Economic Analysis (Part-Time)
- MSc in Finance & Information Systems
- MSc in Financial Services
- MSc in Human Resource Management (Full-Time)
- MSc in Human Resource Management (Part-Time)
- MSc in International Management and Global Business
- MSc in Marketing, Consumption & Society
- MSc in Project and Programme Management (On-Line)
- MSc in Project Management
- MSc in Work & Organisational Psychology/Behaviour (Full-Time)
- MSc in Work & Organisational Psychology/Behaviour (Part-Time)
- MSc Risk Management and Insurance
- Professional Diploma in Accounting (Part-Time)
View AllPart Time Courses
Competiveness through Internationalisation Seminar- how exporting will help you grow your business. Monday December 9thThis joint seminar between the Irish Exporters Association...6 days 1 hour ago
If you are a highly motivated student of economics at...3 weeks 1 day ago
The fourth annual Tourism Policy workshop (Nov 15th-17...3 weeks 2 days ago
KBS has been a signatory to the UN Principles for Responsible...3 weeks 2 days ago
...2 months 4 days ago
JanUL Winter Conferrings will run from 20/01/2014 to 22/01/2014
Why you Should Join our Winter School